Sunday, September 11, 2016

Blog Post 2

Usually when people ask me why I want to be a teacher I respond by saying "Because I love kids." Then people usually follow up by saying how there are plenty of jobs out their that work with kids. The reason I want to be a teacher is because not only do I love kids, but I've also always loved school.  I consider school a second home for everyone, since we are there for several hours a day, five times a week. A teacher has so much influence on the kids they teach, which intrigues me. I can influence kids to be kind, hard working, and respectful. I believe teachers hold the key to a better future. With the amount of influence teachers have on kids, teachers can mold a positive path for their futures. One teacher that made me realize this was my sophomore English teacher. She was a kind women who always encouraged me to put more effort into my work. When I told her about my thought on transferring from Mentor to Gilmour, she urged me to go to Gilmour. Everyday she would tell me that she thought Gilmour would be a great school for me. I honestly would not have made the transfer if it wasn't for her positive encouragement. Transferring to Gilmour was one of the best decisions I've ever made. At Gilmour i got involved with a lot of service, and worked with several rebuilding schools in Cleveland. Gilmour helped me realize why I knew I wanted to be a teacher, and I have my sophomore English teacher to thank for that.
Another question I ask myself when thinking about why I want to be a teacher, I think of my strong qualities that would make me a good teacher. I've been a tutor for many kids who have attention disorders, but have always remained positive and patient when working with them. I also have a passion for working with kids, which is necessary when becoming a teacher since working with kids is what teaching consists of. I also am good at working with a lot of commotion. When I was 14 I was a nanny for a family of five. Their ages ranged from 4 months old to 10 years old. I had to take care of a baby while keeping the older kids entertained. Along with that, I had to take care of their dog which added to the chaos I had to deal with everyday. Everyday though, I managed to control all of them while keeping them all happy. So when people ask me why I want to be a teacher it is because I love kids and want to create a better future for them, along with the fact that I believe I have the qualities that will make me a great teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment