Sunday, September 18, 2016

Blog Post 3

After all the readings and discussions from this week, the question that keeps coming up in my mind is; How can I be the best teacher I can be? From the readings we've learned the difficulties of being a teacher. Teachers have to work with minimal resources and a variety of kids that all range with different learning levels. To be a teacher, I have to overcome these obstacles and find a way to teach at my fullest potential. From our discussions, I've gathered that one of the most important skills of being a teacher is being an observer. I will have to observe how each individual student learns best, and apply what I know about them to how I will teach. Each student will have a unique way of how they learn best, and I must try to find a way to apply their interests in the classroom. Another important aspect of being a great teacher, is how I set up the classroom. The classroom can have a huge effect on how the kids learn. Depending on age, I must provide a space that has room for hands-on learning experiences. I've learned that an environment can restrict kids from learning, if I don't consider the best way to set up the classroom.
Another important lesson I've learned about being a great teacher is that I should not label kids. Labeling can constrict kids from reaching their fullest potential. By saying one child has a disorder, that can cause that child to not believe in themselves due to their knowledge of their disorder. As a teacher I want to make sure that every child in my classroom believes in themselves. Having confidence is very crucial in the classroom because without it a child will not ask questions, and asking questions is very crucial to learning. Asking questions is also a big part of being a teacher. As a teacher, I have to ask questions daily about how I can make myself a better teacher. I can ask both the children and the children's parents to get some insight on that question. Being able to hear and apply suggestions is going to be a big part of how I can become a better teacher. I need to be flexible and understanding of some requests that may be made by the children or the parents. Overall, to be the best teacher I can be it is going to take a lot of questions, experience and effort to apply every way that I can better myself as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment